Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Dark Angel & Blood Angel Librarians Complete

I have finished painting my Librarians. They came out pretty good, but not my best work.


Monday, April 15, 2013

WIP Librarians

I have made good progress on my Dark Angel Librarian this past week.


This is the first Space Marine Librarian I have ever painted, and it was a bit of an experiment with painting the Ultramarine power armor. I feel I did a good job. Overall I like what I have done up to this point except for the the DA symbol on his chest. This was particularly tough to paint with the cloth folds and all.

I decided that since I was experimenting with painting one Librarian, I would work on a second one at the same time. Here is the progress I have made on my Blood Angel Librarian and I am really happy with how this one is turning out.

Thursday, April 11, 2013

My First Painted Pink Horror

I have been on a real painting kick lately. In addition to finishing my first Bloodletter, I have also finished painting my first Pink Horror. I like how it turned out.


I started with black primer. I based the model with Pink Horror, then washed it with Druchii Violet. I layered more Pink Horror and then highlighted with Emperor's Children.

I painted the horns and teeth with Zandri Dust, washed with Seraphim Sepia, then layered with Ushabti Bone and highlighted with Screaming Skull.

For the tongue, I based it with Screamer Pink and then washed it with Druchii Violet.

For the eyes, I simply used Ceramite White.

For the jewelry, I based with Balthasar Gold, washed with Seraphim Sepia, then highlighted with Auric Armour Gold.

For the fire, I went with blue. I started with a base of Caldedor Blue and washed with Drakenhof Nightshade. Then I layered with Calgar Blue and washed with more Drakenhof Nightshade. Finally, I highlighted with Fenrisian Grey.

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

My First Painted Bloodletter

I have painted my first Bloodletter. I really like the way it came out, especially the Hellblade.



I started with black primer. I based the model with Khorne Red, then a wash with Nuln Oil. I layered more Khorne Red followed by Mephiston Red. I highlighted the 'scales' with Troll Slayer Orange.

I painted the horns, claws, and tongue with Abaddon Black, highlighted with Mechanicus Standard Grey, then washed with Nuln Oil. For the eyes, I used Averland Sunset followed by Flash Git Yellow.

I painted the teeth with Zandri Dust, washed with Seraphim Sepia, then layered with Ushabti Bone and highlighted with Screaming Skull.

For the Hellblade, I based it with Balthasar Gold, layered with Brass Scorpion, highlighted with Leadbelcher, and then washed it twice with Carroburg Crimson. I really like the effect it created.

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Blightlord Raptors Complete!

I have finished painting this first of my 40k Fight Club 2013 Hobby Challenge projects for this month, a unit of Blightlord Raptors.


Here is a close-up of the Champion.