Wednesday, April 10, 2013

My First Painted Bloodletter

I have painted my first Bloodletter. I really like the way it came out, especially the Hellblade.



I started with black primer. I based the model with Khorne Red, then a wash with Nuln Oil. I layered more Khorne Red followed by Mephiston Red. I highlighted the 'scales' with Troll Slayer Orange.

I painted the horns, claws, and tongue with Abaddon Black, highlighted with Mechanicus Standard Grey, then washed with Nuln Oil. For the eyes, I used Averland Sunset followed by Flash Git Yellow.

I painted the teeth with Zandri Dust, washed with Seraphim Sepia, then layered with Ushabti Bone and highlighted with Screaming Skull.

For the Hellblade, I based it with Balthasar Gold, layered with Brass Scorpion, highlighted with Leadbelcher, and then washed it twice with Carroburg Crimson. I really like the effect it created.

No comments: