I have made good progress on my Dark Angel Librarian this past week.
This is the first Space Marine Librarian I have ever painted, and it was a bit of an experiment with painting the Ultramarine power armor. I feel I did a good job. Overall I like what I have done up to this point except for the the DA symbol on his chest. This was particularly tough to paint with the cloth folds and all.
I decided that since I was experimenting with painting one Librarian, I would work on a second one at the same time. Here is the progress I have made on my Blood Angel Librarian and I am really happy with how this one is turning out.
I have been on a real painting kick lately. In addition to finishing my first Bloodletter, I have also finished painting my first Pink Horror. I like how it turned out.
I started with black primer. I based the model with Pink Horror, then washed it with Druchii Violet. I layered more Pink Horror and then highlighted with Emperor's Children.
I painted the horns and teeth with Zandri Dust, washed with Seraphim Sepia, then layered with Ushabti Bone and highlighted with Screaming Skull.
For the tongue, I based it with Screamer Pink and then washed it with Druchii Violet.
For the eyes, I simply used Ceramite White.
For the jewelry, I based with Balthasar Gold, washed with Seraphim Sepia, then highlighted with Auric Armour Gold.
For the fire, I went with blue. I started with a base of Caldedor Blue and washed with Drakenhof Nightshade. Then I layered with Calgar Blue and washed with more Drakenhof Nightshade. Finally, I highlighted with Fenrisian Grey.