Saturday, April 14, 2012

Blood Angels Assault Squad "done"

I am mostly done with my 40k Fight Club 2012 Painting Challenge painting project for this month. The painting recipe I used to paint them can be found here.


All I have left to do on this unit is the Chapter badge on the left shoulder and the Squad badge on the right knee. I have tried to use decals but I cannot get them to look good. I have also tried free-hand painting them, but that has not worked either. I am going to give decals another shot because someone recommended Micro-Sol and Micro-Set. Micro-Sol is supposed to make the decals adhere better and the Micro-Set is supposed to make the decal form to irregular surfaces so that there are no wrinkles. I just need to find where I can get some so I can try it.

Since I have finished this month's project so early and I still have half a month left before I can start my next project, I am going take the time to work on finishing some other projects. I have a Blood Angel Tactical Squad I want to finish as well as some Ogre Kingdoms models (a unit of four Ironguts, a Bull Standard Bearer, a Slaughtermaster and a Firebelly).

Monday, April 2, 2012

April Painting Project

For my 40k Fight Club 2012 Painting Challenge painting project this month, I am going to take a break from painting Necrons and paint this unit of Blood Angel Assault Marines.


I will be painting the five unpainted marines in the front of the picture for my project, but I will also finish painting the other five just so that I can finish off the unit.