The new codex is almost here and I have been debating what to do with my Grey Knights. I have had a small force of them since their last release and I kept them mainly as an allying force to go with my Cadian IG army, much like my Sisters of Battle. I played them a couple of times as a pure GK army though. Here is what I have, and like most of my collection, it is all unpainted.
- Brother-Captain Stern
- Inquisitor Coteaz w/Henchmen
- 5 GK Terminators including Justicar
- 1 GK Terminator with Psycannon
- 2 GK Terminators with Incinerators
- 2 Grey Knight Justicars
- 12 Grey Knights with Nemesis Force Halberds
- 2 Grey Knights with Incinerators
- 4 Grey Knights with Psycannons
- 2 Inquisitors and various henchmen
- Various Imperial Assassins
I have been torn about updating them or selling them off, especially since I am very interested in Tomb Kings who are being released in May. There are also the Necron rumors that they will be released later this year. I feel like I am getting too many armies. (How many armies it too many?) But it is not like this is a new army, it is one I already have. So I think I am going to pick up at least the codex and a Dreadknight and give it a try. I might also pick up one box of the new Grey Knights just to get some of the new weapon options.
Do you have any opinions on the new GK codex yet? I am interested to hear them.