Monday, March 28, 2011

More progress on the Shrine of the Aquilla

I made more progress on my Shrine of the Aquilla this weekend. I got it based and added some rubble to it. Here are some pictures.







Once I got it based, I was glad that I did not make it bigger like I wanted too. The base ended up being roughly 17 x 14 inches as it is. It big enough to fit my Mig Mek Stompa inside of it.


Anyway, I made the rubble using a mixture of basing ballast, sand, and plastic sprues that I ground up using a hand meat grinder that I keep just for making rubble. It works great.

I still want to add some more detail to it before I declare it ready for painting, especially to the interior. It needs something more, I am just not sure what to add at this time. Maybe some fallen floor panels or rubble piles. I am planning to make this my Painting Challenge Project for the month of May, so I still have some time to work on it.

5 comments:

Rogue Pom said...

Nice work mate. Maybe some broken pews or other ecclisiarch material (eg altar) would fit nicely inside -and if you didn't glue them down they coul fill in the space but be pushed aside when units move in.

Mart said...

I think more and bigger rubble on the floor area.

looking very nice indeed.

slipwing said...

Thanks guys. Both good ideas. I might have some old Armorcast pews in my bits box that would work. I will see if I still have them.

Globalsmack said...

Ed this looks pretty sweet.

slipwing said...

Thanks Global.