Last year was a good year for me and my hobby. I completed 22 projects with a total of 71 models (a complete list can be seen here). The majority of it was Orks, but I also got some Nurgle Daemons and a couple Terrain pieces done as well. This was due mostly to the 40kFightClub.com 2010 Painting Challenge that I participated in. I was only able to complete 11 of the 12 months for this challenge; the only to month I did not complete was December. For November's Project, I only made it this far on my Ork Meka Dread, but the powers that be said that it was enough to qualify as being complete. I am going to finish it at some point.
For December's project, we were to paint some army themed objectives. I was not sure how many we were to do, so I built five. Unfortunately, I did not get any painting on them done whatsoever as I only got them built last week. I am planning on getting them painted this year.
Here is a picture of everything I got painted for the 2010 Painting Challenge.
There is a 2011 40kFightClub Painting Challenge and I am participating in it. The rules for this one are the same as last year except you do not have to stick to the same army and there is no schedule of what you have to paint. This year, you may simply paint any unit for any army as long as you paint the minimum unit size. You can also paint other projects, like terrain. I plan to include projects from all my armies to avoid burnout, like what happened with my Orks last year, and to throw in a couple of terrain projects.
My January project is a second Blightlord Winged Daemon Prince. This is a model I built years ago, but never got around to painting it because I could never settle on a CSM Chapter. Now that I have my own, I think it is time to paint him.
One last picture before I go, my Christmas loot, which contains two of my future 2011 Painting Challenge Projects.
I am so far behind in my updates that I am going to take them one at a time. My next post will be an update on the ToFG. - slipwing