In order to mount it onto the front of the deffkopta, I needed to build a fork to mount it onto and that would look like the buzzsaw could spin. I started with a small track wheel from an old Lemun Russ kit that I had leftover and and cut the enclosed end off at a thickness of 1/8". I then attached it to the end of a piece of plastic rod, like this.
Then I cut of the other end of the track wheel at a thickness of 1/16" and attached it to a second piece of plastic rod.
Since the original hole in the center of the track wheel was larger than the plastic rod I was planning to use for the axle, I used a piece of plastic tubing big enough to fit inside of the track wheel. I cut the plastic tubing so that it would allow for a gap between the buzzsaw blade and the mounting, making it look like the blade could spin inside the mounting.
After cutting a piece of plastic rod for the axle, I began to assemble the mount and it looked like this.
The only thing I needed now was some kind of motor. After a quick search of my bit box, I found the motor from an imperial searchlight. I trimmed the mounting base off the motor and attached it to the buzzsaw.
Now I just need to mount it onto the deffkopta, which I will detail in my next post.